Summer is fading FAST here in Northern Ireland – but this homemade guacamole is sure to bring some sunshine vibes into your life!!
To get rid of any pre-winter blues I decided to make some sunshine food that would remind me of the warm feeling on my skin, the corona in my hand and my homemade guacamole is sure to do that!This guac is made using discounted avocado – I got a four for 20p! It’s kinda the perfect discounted food because avocados are at their best when they are very ripe and when it’s at its used-by date is usually when it’s perfect! Warning though – blink and you will miss the ripeness and end up with an off avo – it’s all about timing!
Avos be like……………………….The beauty of guac is that you can make it in your own style, adding heat, taking it away, making it chunky, having it smooth, super garlicky or not. So here’s the thing, I absolutely hate coriander (cilantro in the US) – I can taste it a MILE away, it is a perfumed scent that I cannot abide! So I make my guac without coriander – if you love it, shove some in, but we can’t be friends anymore!So here we go!!
My Wacky Guacky (with no coriander)
- Four very ripe avocados
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 12 or so cherry tomatoes, chopped up roughly
- 1/4 very finely diced onion
- 1/4 finely diced red chilli (more or less if you want)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 crushed cloves garlic (more or less if you like)
- Ok so this all depends on how chunky you want it! If you want it smooth, do this in a food processor. If you prefer chunky, do it by hand.
- Place the avocado into a bowl and roughly mash with a fork and the lime juice, to stop it browning.
- Add in all the other ingredients and mix together.
- How easy is that!