You know, it can be so easy to get overwhelmed at Christmas time when you’re entertaining. There is so much to think about – groceries to buy, house to clean, alcohol to consume…….then you’re drunk, taking vodka shots from someone’s belly and you’ve forgotten to put the starters in the oven – you know the drill.
Well, your girl here has made life so much easier for you!
These starter dips are the easiest appetizers known to man and can be made in advance and kept in the fridge overnight till they are needed. They are so tasty and go down a storm with party guests. They are especially good when wheeled out after a few drinks and the vodka munchies kick in – right Pam and Dave?
Anyway – don’t stress over the holidays – just make life easier on yourself and do some easy starters that you can throw out on the table and enjoy your friends and family.
I serve these with some toasty crusty bread and breadsticks but you can use whatever you like to dip in them – now now, don’t be naughty…….
Here we go……..
- 2 x hot smoked salmon fillets – I used the honey and chilli ones from Asda – these are actually fully cooked salmon fillets that you get in the fish aisle, not the regular smoked salmon that looks almost raw (even tho it’s smoked) – they are prepared differently. Hot smoked salmon is very similar to the likes of peppered mackerel, except it’s, you know, salmon.
- 300g cream cheese – plain or flavoured if you like
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Put the cream cheese and mayo in a bowl and flake the salmon
- Mix it all together and season!
Ricotta and red pepper dip
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 200g sweet chill cream cheese
- dried chilli and garlic grinder
- 1 roasted red and/or yellow pepper from a jar
- some of the oil from the pepper jar
- Mix together the cheeses and grind in a bit of the garlic and chilli. Season if you wish.
- Tear the roasted pepper and place on top of the cheese mix.
- Drizzle over some of the oil from the jar.